This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
I am a 56 yo physician with
Consulting Cardiologist Current
Conducting on-site and video telemedicine cardiology consults to over 15 nursing and rehabilitation facilities, primarily residential geriatric in Westchester, Bronx and Brooklyn.
Medical Director 2019 Paramount at Somers Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Somers, NY
Sole staff physician provided in-patient internal medicine care and supervised PAs and nursing for geriatric and rehab patients in a 270 bed residential / outpatient facility.
Telemedicine Consultant 2018 Various Telemedicine Companies
Provided on-line health record review and medical consults for telemedicine practices’ patients on a per consult basis.
Medical Director 2017 Martine Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, White Plains NY
Long Term Care and Rehabilitation facility
Sole staff physician cared for internal medicine needs of residents and rehab patients. Supervised PA’s and nursing staff for a geriatric population in a 225 bed facility.
Internal Medicine 2016 to 2017 Mercy Medical Group, Ludlow, MA
Senior Physician, general internal medicine in a private outpatient facility operated as a satellite practice for Mercy Medical Center, Trinity Health Network, Springfield, MA.
Hospitalist Medicine and Educator 2015 Berkshire Medical Center, Pittsfield, MA
Locum tenens coverage acute IM in a regional trauma level 1 hospital, mostly in-patient critical care. Supervised and educated medical interns, residents and fellows.
Holyoke Medical Center, Holyoke, MA 2012 to 2015 Internal Medicine/Inpatient Cardiology
Inpatient acute internal medicine, evaluated medical necessity for admission, length of stay, determined level of care needed Medical consultation
Partner, Internal Medicine and Cardiology 2008 to 2012 Total Women’s Health Care, Inc., West Springfield, MA
Cardiologist, Internist partner provided full patient support in concert with three OB/Gyn physicians in a busy private practice – total women’s health care.
Related Clinical experience as hospitalist and in partner practices:
• Preoperative Cardiovascular and Medical Evaluation
• Echocardiography, ECG interpretation, Holter Monitoring, Pulmonary Function test
• Ankle Brachial Index Evaluation, AAA screening
• Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
• Joint injections and aspiration, Skin biopsies, and Abscess drainage
• Sports medicine evaluations and injury management
• Ultrasound guided joint injections and Home Sleep Apnea Monitoring
Alphonse Calvanese, David Ballan M.D., P.C. 2007 to 2008 Springfield, MA
Outpatient general internal medicine in a satellite office of Baystate Medical Center.
Career Gap 2004 to 2007
At home, took care of my young children. Resolved serious personal health issues. Continued to complete CME maintenance. Successfully completed board recertification in internal medicine.
Solo Noninvasive Cardiology Private Practice Risa Aronson, DO, PC, Greenfield, MA Clinical practice:
• Nuclear Cardiology, Anticoagulation clinics
• Echocardiography, Stress Echocardiography
• Arrhythmia diagnosis and management
• Pacemaker/defibrillator management clinics
• Preventative Cardiology/Cardiac Risk Factor Reduction
• Cardiac issues in Women/Cardiac issues in Pregnancy
• Congenital Heart Disease evaluations
• General Cardiology Consultations
• Primary care practice and general medical consultation
• Peer Review, Chart review for utilization/review
1999 to 2004
Mark Platt, MD PC, Franklin Medical Center, Greenfield, MA
1999 Hospital based non-invasive cardiology, invasive/noninterventional cardiology.
General Cardiology 1998 to 1999 Heart Specialists of NW Ohio, Toledo, OH
Non-invasive in-patient care for two tertiary care hospitals and three community hospitals in a large Cardiology specialty group. Post-op rounds for cardiac surgery patients at tertiary care hospitals. Resident and nursing lecturer at teaching hospital.
Cardiology fellowship: 1994-1997
Internal Medicine Internship/Residency: 1991-1994
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine: 1987-1991
Brandeis University: Undergraduate education 1982-1986