This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Dr. Bismah Irfan is a Nephrologist, Integrative Nutrition specialist, Weight loss and Life coach. She believes in bio –individuality and importance to have a complete picture of the patient, and also to recognize that all of us are dynamic. She’s an expert in kidney diseases – including acute and chronic, diabetes effecting kidneys, dialysis management, kidney stones, hypertension, urinary tract infection and electrolytes disorder. Her special interest include weight loss and autoimmune conditions like Rheumatoid arthritis, Hypothyroidism, Celiac disease etc. Her main focus is change in lifestyle which requires no medications.
Assistant Professor - Nephrology Faculty September 2017 – till date
Montefiore Medical Centre- Wakefield campus NY
Nephrology Fellowship ABIM-Nephrology passed 2017) September 2015–-August 2017
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
Internal Medicine Residency (ABIM passed 2015) September 2012 –-August 2015
University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, IL
Integrative Nutrition Health Coach 2017 - till date
Institute of Integrative Nutrition
Life Coach 2017 - till date
The Life Coach School
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) 2003-2009
Dow Medical College, Dow University of Health sciences, Karachi, Pakistan
Higher Secondary Education September 2001 –-June 2003
Pakistan Education Academy, Dubai, UAE
• Vice President House staff Association - University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, IL from 2014-2015.
• Member of Graduate Medical Education Committee at University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, IL from 2013—2014.
• Humanitarian award in 2009.
• Director Patients Welfare Organization from 2004-2006.
• Was involved in mentoring and tutoring med students and post graduates who were preparing for USMLE exams from 2010-2011